Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Daily Routine




I can't believe how fast the babies are growing! They are all almost if not over ten pounds! Today they have started getting into a nice routine. We wake up at 7:30 and they eat between 8-9am. After they have digested their formula and we are dressed and ready for the day, I start bath time. Giving them a bath in the evening was too much with bathing Emma and being able to have some down time. It usually takes me forty five minutes to give them all a bath. We then play and entertain them until their lunch time feeding. After that they sleep for 2 or more hours or until the next feeding. Once they get a little older we will go back to our evening bathing routine, but for now mornings work. They seem to have their fussy time in the late afternoon so once they take their 6:30-7pm bottle they are ready for bed. They usually sleep until 11-midnight and then until 4-5am. I am hoping that in another month or so they will give up that first night feeding and go 7-8 hours....we shall see! They are growing so fast because of being premature that I think we will be feeding twice at night until the end of April.

Emma and I have our special time together after lunch while the babies take their long nap. Lately we have been having a picnic lunch together either in her room or downstairs in front of the fire. I am so thankful to be able keep her routine the same. It has been a big adjustment for her but she has handled it amazingly well! She is such a wonderful little girl! She is so excited about starting Pre-K next year. She will be going to Wilmington Christian School which is where I went. I am so excited to have her there!

No comments:

Post a Comment