Today we celebrated the triplets first birthday! I can't believe it has almost been one year since they arrived on that cold and rainy November evening! Everyone had a great time and the babies loved the cake! I don't think they knew what to think of the singing and people! Their little faces were stunned most of the morning but they had a great time eating their cake! Anna especially loved all the attention, she and Henry jived to their favorite tunes and enjoyed visiting with everyone who was able to hold them. Jill loved her cake time! She dove right into her piece and squished it all up in her hands ,which was oh so fun to clean but totally worth it!
Last night Roger and I thought back on this past year and a half and just couldn't believe how fast the time has gone by. Finding out we pregnant was so exciting! The next week they saw twins! that was fun! The next week they saw THREE! AHHHHH!!! I had one giant panic attack! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever get pregnant with THREE babies! One I came to terms with the fact that we were going from a family of three to six in 8 months the nausea set in landing me in the hospital for IV fluids twice! About week 13 I started feeling normal again and enjoyed August through the middle of October. The the hugeness factor set in and it was painful and literally breath taking. (all totally worth it though) By then Henry was totally under my rib cage, Jill was all along my right side from hip to rib and Anna was using my hips like a hammock! When the weighed my placentas after the babies were born the doctors estimated that with the babies in total I was roughly carrying twenty pounds in my abdomen. Last year at this time I was put on bed rest and fitted for those AWFUL support hose which literally took two people to get my into because I was the size of SATURN! It was quite ridiculous and hysterical at the same time. I remember just laughing hysterically while my mom and Roger tried to put them on me....I couldn't help because I was so big so I just stood their bracing myself against the wall. They were supposed to help with circulation and the swelling in my ankles...or thankles as affectionately called them!
It was a very eventful day when they were born. The magnesium had run its course and made me so loopy and drowsy. My contractions kept coming every minute so I was off to the OR ready or not! Because of the medicine it was over twenty four hours until I was stable enough to see them. I cried when they wheeled me in and I was saw their tiny little bodies lying in their isolettes all hooked up to machines with IV's and not being able to touch them. The Lord brought us through those tough six weeks in the NICU. I hated leaving them there every night but the nursing staff was wonderful. I called every night before we went to bed to check on them and make sure they were OK. I slept with my cell phone on my night stand just in case something happened. Henry's level three brain bleed was one of the toughest situations I have had to go through in my life! But through the power of prayer God totally healed him. When he went for this follow up head ultrasound there was absolutely no trace of the bleed and usually with that level of a bleed there is at least some scaring but his scan was clean PTL! To this day he has NO effects from the bleed what so ever!
They were born November 19th and came home on January 5! The day I was scheduled for my c-section! Each one had his/her own apnea monitor. Babies who are born before thirty weeks automatically go home with a monitor even if they do not have any apnea issues which our babies did not. They had to be hooked up 24/7 until four weeks passed my due date which was February 1st. So needless to say 9am on March 1st I called to get those bad boys out of the house! At that time we were using 30 bottles in a 24 hour period! Luckily the NICU had helped the babies establish a four hour eating regimen at night and at three hour during the day so it wasn't too hard. By May they were sleeping through the night! The zombie like state we were in was beginning to come to and end and we were able to get out and rejoin civilization a little bit at a time.
What an amazing and merciful God we serve! Through Him and by the powerful of prayer they are strong, healthy almost one year olds! I want to thank all who have helped us and are still helping us each week with these babies! I COULDN'T/CAN'T do it with out you!
No comments:
Post a Comment