It has been quite eventful here in the Davis household for the last 48 hours! Saturday we went down to my parents house to celebrate Easter because last weekend Emma had strep throat. She and Maddie had their egg hunt and we enjoyed getting out and playing outside! When we got home I noticed that Jill was starting to get congested and by 5pm she was wheezy. I figured it was just allergies and gave her some tylenol and did a little noses treatment. By 8:30pm she was having trouble catching her breath after she coughed so we took her to the emergency room at A. I. DuPont Children's Hospital where they promptly diagnosed her with croup. I have friends who have had children with croup and they always told me about the "seal bark" cough that comes with it....that is how I knew she had croup....it is the scariest sound...one I hope we never hear again! So once we got over the shock of that Emma came downstairs the next morning with hives all over her forehead and neck....they seemed to get better last night and then by lunchtime today she had them all over her face, chest, stomach, arms and the tops of her feet. I gave her some benedryl and am waiting to see if they get better if not....off to the doctor again.....I should get a frequent visitor discount! :-)
Other than the recent events....everyone is doing great! Henry's newest thing is crawling up onto the couch every chance he gets! He is good about not climbing all over hit...he just wants to sit...he is quite proud of himself! Everyone is babbling and saying words and just loving the warm weather! We found these awesome backpack leashes for the them so they are free to walk around in the yard and we don't have to worry about them running away or getting into something they shouldn't.
Emma has enjoyed her Easter break from school...even though she had strep at the beginning! My sister-in-law Kaelin came over Friday and Emma was able to spend some time with Maddie and Ellie! She really loves her cousins and had such a great time playing with Madison! She also got to have some snuggle time in with her new cousin Miss Ellie!
I hope we have a good night tonight....it has been a long weekend and Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment