Friday, October 30, 2009

Sleepless In Hockessin!


























What a week it has been! Beginning Sunday night both Anna and Jill started getting both their top front teeth. Sunday night I was up with Anna from 1-4am of and on, Tuesday it was both Wednesday they actually slept but the rest of the week each one was up at one point during the night. It has been tough because I get one of them down and the other wakes up sometimes waking back up the one I just put back down! Needless to say we are pretty exhausted and hoping that tonight will be a good night since they both have teeth popping through their gums. Today they slept well for their afternoon nap which may be a good sign as well because all week they haven't napped too well because of teething pain. Some days I feel like I can't do it anymore but God is giving me strength and encouragement through scriptures and I spend a lot of time in prayer while I am up rocking one of the girls.....keeps me sane and calm! and helps to prevent the "I can't do this anymore!" freak out moments......

Henry is such a boy! He sleep from 7-8am every night! We think it is because he is constantly on the move crawling around or creeping along the sofa. He keeps me running all the time!

Emma is enjoying her time in school! She really likes to paint so we have hung up her art work around the playroom which she just loves. It has become her little art gallery! She has been such a great help with the babies! She loves to feed them cereal so when everyone is hungry at once, she sits right down and feeds someone and does a great job!

Roger, Emma and I all got the Swine Flu vaccine. We did it for the babies! They did not qualify for their RSV injections this fall because (PTL) they are too big! and they do not have any outstanding health issues. That is good news however we were hoping they would be able to get them because it protects against the common cold becoming RSV which they still could get because of their prematurity. SOOOOO we have to keep them somewhat isolated again this winter. Just when I think we can finally rejoin the land of the living we are told to stay in. I know it is for their protection and health it just makes for a long winter! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends who don't mind coming here for playdates so that we can see each other and catch up and enjoy some girlfriend time while our kids play! THANK YOU!

Roger is in full Christmas mode at work! Longwood will have their Christmas display up and running on Thanksgiving day. Theme this year is "Pollination" and Roger Roger will have two trees! One in the east conservatory with silver spiral garlands and iridescent ornaments and a 30ft one outside that he designed. It will be covered with 550 mechanical butterflies! It is going to be totally awesome and beautiful! Needless to say, I have Christmas music going in the house! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment