I can't believe we are getting more snow! Emma can't wait to get out and play in it and Henry is going with her! He has been watching it snow and seems quite excited!
Everyone is doing great! Growing like weeds and walking! Henry and Jill are walking all by themselves and Anna is still holding on to things but is close to doing it all by herself too! I can't believe they are fifteen months old. Last year at this time they were still hooked up to apnea monitors and just barely eight pounds! Now Anna is 23 lbs, and the other two are almost 23 lbs.
We just started table food and got them on a good breakfast lunch and dinner schedule. They are loving it. We had backed off because back in december we had started table food and it made them really gassy and uncomfortable so we waiting and made the transition gradual over the last few weeks. Everyone is enjoying feeding themselves and not having to be fed all the time. Anna and Henry are loving the lactaid whole milk and Jill is on soy for now. She definitely has a wheat allergy but also seems to be sensitive to milk like Emma. I gave her some babyfood last week that had wheat in it by accident and she broke out in terrible eczema. That confirmed her allergy to me so when we go back to the doctors in two weeks for their well check up I am hoping he will let her get tested again. I have been able to find some great wheat and gluten free products at a local natural foods store so she has some variety. I felt terrible that I didn't realize that granola has wheat flour in it! Within 24 hours her eczema started clearing up...she is still red a week out but it is mostly gone.
Everyone is babbling and saying lots of words! It is so nice now to be able to start teaching them things and communicating a little. Henry for some reason has been saying "boobies". He has never heard the word but says it randomly and it is quite funny! I think he says it because it has the "b" sound in it and that has been his dominant letter sound.....it just comes out with his other babble. But everyone is saying mama, dada, mimi, pop-pop, hi, bye-bye, Emma so we are on our way to lots of chatter!
Emma is loving school and can't wait for spring. She is tired of not being able to play outside as much and can't wait until she can wear sundresses all the time! She has been putting them on over her winter clothes. She has been teaching the babies to say her name which has been fun to watch. She is really interacting with them more and having fun. Although she still asks me if I remember when the babies weren't here...I say yes...she says...it was so quiet and peaceful! :-)
All of the kids are finally well! It has been a rough few weeks. Emma had strep and the babies all had ear infections but we are finally in the mend. I hope it stays that way for a while. I am so tired...some days I reach my limit but I know this is just temporary and in a few months it will get easier. I will be so glad when we can finally return to a normal life and get back to church every week. Roger and I have been rotating sundays with Emma until RSV season is over...which is next month! YEAH! It will be so nice to just go out! I know it's doctors orders but we are so ready for warmer weather and getting out side...even just going to the mall to walk around will be so nice.....it has been a long year...but keeping them healthy is the most important thing...and so far so good!
Well....Roger and I are off to feed the babies lunch...put them down for nap...and shovel snow.....AGAIN! At least Emma can get in some good sledding! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment